Wednesday, October 28

Fall 09

Summer is over....


Happy fall!!









My belly fit right in with the round, pumpkin-like theme going on around there.


Doesn't this pic just cry out for a little sister to be toddling along beside her? :)


Here's our spooky Halloween story for those of you that haven't heard it:

About a month ago, we awoke at 2 am to strange noises in our house. Darin and I layed in bed and listened, thinking it was probably just the wind--until I saw a flashlight beam shine up the stairs into our bedroom! We quickly stomped down the stairs so as to not surprise anyone, only to find a man lightly tapping outside our front door. As we were trying to figure out what he was doing, we heard a noise at the back of the house (from where we had just come) and heard someone scamper from the bathroom into Chloe's nursery and leap out of the window. Apparently a second man had been in the house and hid in the bathroom when he heard us coming downstairs. Our laptop was left laying on the bathroom floor.

We called 911 and the police came and took photos and fingerprinted around the house. It was quite unsettling to realize the theives had been bold enough to break in while we were home. Thank God we are all safe, and the only thing they got away with was a cell phone.

The next morning we called our realtor and immediately lowered the selling price on our house...we are ready to make that move!



Bailey started preschool last month. It's just one day a week for an hour and a half, but it's a great opportunity for her to learn to follow instructions, play with other children, and do all kinds of messy projects that mom doesn't have to clean up. :) She loves it!

Only 9 days to go until my due date!! Of course no guarantee that baby will be born by then. I'm 2 cm and 50% effaced now, but she is still up high and showing no signs that she's ready to go anywhere. I'm hoping we can avoid a Halloween birthday and also hope she's not born on 11/11, which is Darin's birthday....stay tuned for updates!


1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I'm praying for you!! How miserable I remember this stage. I hope all goes well and we can't wait to meet her!

joy