Ahh, what's better than a long weekend? Gotta love the extra day off! Here's a recap of our Memorial Day weekend:
Saturday was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm. In the morning Olly and I went his doggie obedience class while Darin and Bailey did some grocery shopping. We reconvened at home, and Mom and Tony came over. Darin spent all afternoon weed-eating in the backyard (a very satisfying job for him, as he HATES--I mean, really hates!!--ivy, and it grows like crazy here)....meanwhile, Tony and I painted Mom's old dining room table and chairs which I am inheriting, woohoo! Bailey and Grammy set up a new wading pool in the yard and played with the hose. Bailey LOVES the water--mostly sticking her face in it. I suppose most kids do. She was so cute in her little swimsuit I had to take frequent breaks from painting to go play in the water with her! I swear one of the best things about being a parent is getting to do all the fun kid stuff you wouldn't normally be doing. We had a blast with a hose and a tiny plastic pool.
Sunday after church we ran a few errands. It's always SO wonderful when Darin is off, because he will (very good-naturedly) wait in the car and read a book while I run into various stores, meaning that I can get stuff done while Bailey takes a nap in the car. I had to work Sunday night. It was slow, and I talked to a suicidal caller and felt like I was able to help her make some good decisions (like going to the ER), so that was rewarding. After I finished work we watched a movie and both stayed awake (an incredible feat). Fell into bed at about 2 am...
...then up this morning at 7 am for a strawberry and waffle breakfast with Bailey. We went to Ikea and purchased some new chair pads for my freshly-painted chairs--very exciting for me. Then we drove down to Mom and Tony's new 'hood and hung out on the beach all afternoon. We layed on a blanket in the sun, hunted for sea glass, ate ice cream sandwiches, found a geocache hidden in a hollow tree, watched some people play volleyball, and taught Bailey how to roll down a grassy hill...It was a divine day. Now it's almost over--4 minutes left, to be exact--I'm working for another 30 minutes and then it's off to bed and back to a normal schedule tomorrow...whew! I'm happily exhausted. Hope everyone else had a spectacular holiday weekend!




1 comment:
L O V E I T!
I can't believe how big she is! I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful weekend! I love it when the little simple things seems so amazing.
Post a Comment