Sunday, July 1

July? Already?!


The last few months have just flown by! Here's a quick update on what's new with us...first of all, after months of agonizing about it, we decided to give away our two sweet dogs. I never thought I'd be the girl to have a baby and get rid of her dogs, but they just weren't getting the attention they deserved. They each went to a fantastic home--Bear now lives out in the country and Parker is the new best friend and soccer partner of a 14 year old boy. We miss them like crazy but they are doing great, and I have to admit, I'm really enjoying having a nap-friendly and dog-hair-free house!

Darin and I celebrated our 4th anniversary last week with a "Choose Your Own Adventure" date. Those of you who grew up in the 80's will remember those books. Darin was presented with his own "book" and had to make choices throughout the night. We ended up eating Greek food at our favorite restaurant and going to see an old sci-fi movie from the 50's...except the movie's entire soundtrack was completly re-done by live improv comedians. Fun!

Bailey is almost 6 months old and doing just wonderfully. She is such a delight to us! She is saying "da-da" and practicing her "p" sounds these days...she blows little bubbles and says "puh, puh, puh." She's a very smiley baby and has the sweetest, toothless little grin. She's almost able to sit up on her own and grabbing for everything with her chubby little hands. We're just getting ready to start some solid foods...time for for messy food fun!

In other news, I recieved a sewing machine as a birthday gift and I've become obsessed with making baby headbands, dresses, etc. I am also proud to report that at the tender age of 31, I have somehow managed to be inducted into AARP (I have a membership card!). I' m sure it's due to a computer glitch, but whatever.


No comments: