Monday, March 19

back to work

Today has been so hard....my maternity leave is officially over. Tonight is my first shift back at work, and the first time I've been away from Bailey for more than a couple of hours. The anticipation was the worst; I had a couple of hormonal crying jags and I could hardly put her down all day. But now that I'm actually at work (I'm writing this between calls!) it's not as bad as I thought...I'm busy and distracted and not a sobbing mess as I'd feared. Although I still hate being away from her and can't wait until I can work from home! Bailey and Daddy will now have evenings together while Mom goes to work. Darin is wonderful with her and I know it will be a special time for them to bond.

On a happier note, we had a fantastic time last weekend with Grandma Susie, Great-Grandma Kay, and Aunt Gail who came to visit. We went all over Seattle (I even nursed Bailey at the top of the Space Needle! That's one for the baby book...) and Darin and I had a great time playing tour guides. We miss our long-distance family!

No comments: