our sweet girls
Chloe's first Thanksgiving, 2 weeks old.
It's amazing how such a little person can cause such big changes! In between the craziness of breastfeeding marathons and dozens of diaper changes, I am loving every second of mommy time. Chloe is quite mellow and easy to keep happy. She is having more alert time during the day and she just gazes calmly at the world around her. She is precious!
Bailey is doing well too. She still has a hard time sharing our attention, but each day she seems to be a little more affectionate toward her sister and she loves to help. When Chloe cries she says, "It's ok Chloe, there's nothing to be afraid of." So sweet!! I am so looking forward to seeing them interact more as Chloe gets older.
This season I am so thankful for God's faithfulness. I prayed and hoped for a second baby for a long time before Chloe came into the world, and now here she is, sleeping across my lap as I type! He has answered so many big and small prayers for our family this year--Darin was given an unsolicited promotion in this time when so many people are struggling to find jobs....intruders in our home didn't harm us or take anything of value...our sweet new baby is perfect and healthy...even my labor was peaceful and fast as I had asked--
Also--we got an offer on our house!!! We're currently in our second round of counter-offers. I am hoping that we can agree on the terms and get it sold. The buyer wants to close on Dec. 17th which is coming up VERY quickly; so strange and exciting to think we may be out of this house before Christmas! God is working and He's faithful and good...and I'm grateful!

No comments:
Post a Comment