Monday, September 8

a fair day



Today we went to the fair! Bailey and I met up with Grammy and Papa for a day of fun. We wandered around and took in the sights...booths with people demonstrating kitchen gadgets, lots of farm animals--including a sow and her newborn piglets, rickety roller coasters, coin-operated foot massagers, a circus show...after lunch, Bailey took a nap in her stroller while we watched a 4H dog show and reminisced about my 4H years (remember those, Cora?)

Bailey's favorite part of the day was when she woke up from her nap to find Papa with a strawberry ice cream cone. She had never had strawberry ice cream before, and I can safely say she's a fan. Once she got a taste, she literally would not remove her mouth from the cone. In the video posted here, you'll see a tiny fraction of the time she slurped continuously on Papa's cone. Complete strangers stopped to watch and even took pictures of the spectacle. After several minutes of this I had to dig my camera out of the stoller and record a little. (You'll hear Grammy laughing on the video; don't think she knew I was recording!) :)




It was a day I'll remember for a long time. I'm so grateful my parents are here to share these little moments. Since becoming a mom, the things that make me happy have changed. I'm happiest when I see how full of joy Bailey is while she's having fun or experiencing something new--and that happens everyday, usually several times a day. What a blessing she is. Life is just sweeter now that I'm sharing it with my beautiful brown eyed girl!



2 comments:

joy said...

simply precious. Wish we could have come along!

m c i l r o y f a m i l y said...

oh, how I wish so too!!!