Wednesday, February 24

on blog laziness and big changes


Once again, it's been too long since I've updated this blog. Having a new baby around can really eat up your free time. Add to that the ease of simply posting pictures on Facebook, and blogging seems more cumbersome than ever. Plus, I have to wonder if anyone is even checking this blog. Not that I'd blame you if you didn't, since its so rarely updated.

Anyway, I'm here now so I might as well give you an update. :) A lot has changed since I last wrote. First of all, we have moved to Vancouver, WA! Just before Chloe was born, we had an offer on our house with a proposed 3 week escrow. Since Darin had been offered a job in the corprorate office near Vancouver, and I was going to be off work for maternity leave, we figured the timing was perfect. So December found us frantically packing, house hunting, and taking all-night trips to Vancouver and back, all while trying to adjust to a newborn. Throw in several days of staying with my folks in Tacoma, and then a week long trip to California to visit our wonderful family there, and it was a crazy month! Bailey actually asked at one point, "Mama, do we have a home?" Poor child; her world was rocked!

Because of the time crunch, our unfamiliarity with Vancouver, and the fact that we made about $4 in the sale of our house, we decided to rent for a couple of years. We found a great house in a fabulous neighborhood and I am loving it! The house is a full 1,000 square feet larger than our last place, newer, has a huge landscaped yard, 4 bedrooms plus an office, space for a playroom, a laundry room, deck with built in gas torches, a fireplace, a big master bath with jetted tub, and best of all--a DISHWASHER!!! Oh my goodness, I could get a second job with all the time I'm saving not washing dishes by hand. It's amazing the difference it makes in my daily life just having a place to put things (rather than piling up stuff in our basement because there was no room in the house) Oh, and did I mention we're paying MUCH less per month than we were for our old house? So we feel very blessed to be here.

I'm back to work after maternity leave. We had a traumatic few weeks (for Darin, who suddenly was in charge of not one, but TWO kids--for Chloe, who decided she will not take a bottle and prefers that mom hold her 100% of the time, and for me, trying to talk to patients whilst hearing my newborn baby screaming endlessly from downstairs) I'm happy to report that things have improved, though! Darin has done an amazing job of adapting, and Chloe has gotten on a schedule so that I can nurse her during my breaks. Once again I am reminded how GRATEFUL I am that God provided this amazing job working from home. Seriously, how many nurses do you know that work from home? Thank you Lord!



Let's see, what else? Bailey's doing great. She just turned 3 and she's growing up fast. She's a tomboy; she prefers trains and dinosaurs to dolls. She has been really starting to grasp the concept of God and asks lots of questions... ("Mom, does Jesus ride in a special car?") She prays spontaneously when she hears someone is sick or needs help. It's exciting to see her developing a relationship and learning that God loves her. The other day we had some worship music on and she stood in the kitchen, dancing and twirling with her hands up in the air. When I said "Whatcha doing, Bay?" She said "I'm worshipping Jesus." Ah, my heart is so full just thinking of it...what better gift can I give her than teaching her that her creator loves her and wants to walk through this life and spend eternity with her?


Chloe is just precious. She smiles, smiles, smiles all the time. She's cooing quite a bit and is just on the verge of a full out laugh. She's a very good sleeper, which I really appreciate. She still has the mohawk. :) The older she gets, the more I think she looks like Bailey. In fact, comparing their baby pictures they look almost exactly alike. She's just 3 months old and I can't imagine life without her! She will be dedicated to the Lord this Sunday, and we're very excited to have my parents and Darin's mom (who Chloe is named after) coming to share the day with us.

Valentine's day...since I work nights, we have such a hard time finding time for dates. We managed to get out for a quick Starbucks date, though...we talked about what sorts of fun family activities we want to start doing more of. Stay tuned for hiking and kayaking adventures! We'll also be planting an organic vegetable garden this spring!



Ok--wrapping this up so I can get my hair brushed and makeup on before Chloe wakes up from her nap. :) If I have any readers left, thanks for your patience with me and my sporadic updates...and please leave a comment so I know who you are!

I'll leave you with this little story from Bailey...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I, for one, check your blog everyday and get so excited when I see you have written something. You always manage to bring a smile to me face and make me miss all of you even more that I do. Can't wait to see you on Friday.
Love You,
SueSue

Melissa said...

Awesome freaking house! What a blessing to have more space and to be blessed with a job where you can be home :) I read your blog whenever you post something new! Always happy to hear how you and your family are doing!! :)
Blessings to you!

joy said...

Oh my heart. Of course I check for precious updates and pictures of my nieces! (we also like to know how you guys are doing!)
Beautiful House!!! I'm so excited for you to have more room. WHat a blessing. OH MY GOODNESS- nobody story is the most precious thing I've seen.....
Chloe is getting so big and beautiful. I can't wait for her and libby to be pals.....
Hang in there with the scheduling. I'm sorry it's been so difficult. PTL she is a good sleeper!!

Jeremy said...

Good stuff. I wish you posted more often.

grammasnotes said...

I check too, Shannon. You're a good writer, and I enjoy seeing pics of the kids. Couldn't hear Bailey's story, tho. Their thots are so original and sincere, I'm sure it was precious.

lynn halsey said...

I check your blog several times weekly to see if there's anything new. Love the pics! The music drowns out hearing Bailey on the video, however. I prolly' just don't know how to turn it down. Good thing I saw it on facebook!