Monday, July 6

July is here!

Yahoo, my brother and sister in law are home from Vienna for a summer visit! We had a blast with them while they were in Seattle. We crammed a lot in to our time together, including a camping trip (which ended abruptly when Tony got sick--he's better now after a few days in the hospital, PTL!), a picnic, a backyard bbq with P&B's Seattle friends, lots of eating, a spades game (which Peff and Shan dominated), a shopping trip, and lots of good conversation. It was awesome just having some time with them.

We just celebrated our 6th anniversary! Still in love. :)


We also learned that our new baby is a girl! I am so excited at the prospect of two little girls in the family. I always wished for a sister, so I'm happy that Bailey will have one. I was amused at Darin's reaction--one of the first things he said was "how are we going to pay for two weddings??" He is such a fantastic, hands-on, loving, funny and patient father. Bailey just adores him. I am really looking forward to seeing him with his two little girls!


A mom and son moment....


We started swimming lessons. The first day was spent with Bailey shrieking, "I don't want to get wet!" and "I'm terrified!" the entire time we were in the pool, while the other kids splashed and laughed happily. She got over it though and now will jump into the pool into my arms all by herself!

Picnic in the park with Peff and Beth


4th of July weekend, hanging out in the yard and trying on lots of hats.


Cooling off at our local spray park...

Camping at Gold Basin--here Peff demonstrates how to roast an Oreo. Truman huddles on Beth's lap, where he insisted on remaining 99% of the time.



Hanging out around the campfire...

Reading with Uncle Peff and nosy Truman



Who knew we had an athlete on our hands? Little Truman likes to play ball!
After a trip to visit Tony in the hospital one night, we were all feeling punchy. We went across the street for some dinner at Shari's. This is what ensued. In case you miss it, Bailey bonks her head on the window which she finds utterly hilarious.

1 comment:

joy said...

Wish we could all be together!